- Press Release: De Inga y Mandinga (11/7/2012) - On December 7th and 8th 2012 she will present a show called “DE INGA Y MANDINGA: An Afro-Peruvian Tribute to Mixed Heritage – Music, Dance, Poetry” at the Langston Hughes Performing Arts Center in the Central District area. Featuring local and international artists, this show is a bilingual English-Spanish multidisciplinary piece that explores Peruvian mixed-ethnic and cultural heritage from an Afro-Peruvian perspective.
In the Media
- SOMOS Magazine, El Comercio – “Raíces Comunes”
Interview with Monica Rojas, director of DE CAJóN Project about her work in The U.S. for Somos
- EL DOMINICAL, El Comercio – “Artista de Resonancia”
Interview with Monica Rojas, director of DE CAJóN Project about her work in The U.S. for Peruvian newspaper El Comercio and Sunday special El Dominical
- Digital Media and the Moving Body
The world of performance art has recently experienced the benefits of digital media… this article highlights the use of media in DE CAJóN Project theater production “DE INGA Y MANDINGA”
- ‘De Inga Y Mandinga’ celebrates Peru’s rich mixed heritage
From the mighty Incan Empire, to Spanish conquest and African diaspora, Peru has always been a melting pot of cultures, ethnicities and traditions.
- Musica Afroperuana llega a UW
Nuestro Noroeste, 07/30/2010
- DE CAJóN Project Gives Voice to ‘Afrodescendientes’
The Skanner, 07/29/2010